At OneEighty the safety and well-being of our clients, residents and staff is our top priority. Our primary purpose is to meet the needs of our clients during this difficult time while keeping our staff as safe as possible. As COVID-19 continues to affect our communities we wanted to share the steps we’ve taken to help keep our clients and staff safe and healthy.
Please follow the below steps when visiting our Main Office and Millersburg Location:
- OneEighty staff are wearing mask. We are asking all vistors to adhere to Ohio's Mask Mandate. Mask will be available at the agency if you do not have one.
- If you are visiting our main office we ask that you check-in with our OneEighty screener located at the front entrance.
- Upon entering any of our facilities we ask that you wash your hands or use hand sanitizer.
- If you have an appointment at OneEighty and are sick, please call 330.264.8498 to reschedule. Our front desk staff, as part of their daily reminder calls, will also be enforcing this policy. If you are uncomfortable coming in for your appointment, please feel free to ask that your counselor provide counseling via telephone.
- If you don’t have an appointment but need to make one or have a question, we ask that you call first, 330.264.8498 before arriving at OneEighty.
- We ask that you do not visit the OneEighty branches without prior communication with our front desk staff. They can be reached at 330.264.8498
- All in-kind donations are suspended to alleviate traffic at OneEighty Main Office, Millersburg location and any of our facilities. We are accepting monetary donations that will allow us to meet the needs of the community. You can donate HERE
- The Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services is permitting us to provide one-on-one treatment services when needed via phone calls or other telemedicine devices.
- Group counseling sessions have been reevaluated with extra precautions and social distancing measures implemented. Again, we ask that if you are sick to not attend these meetings. If you are uncomfortable coming in for a group session, please call our front desk (330.264.8498) to inquire about counseling options via telephone.
- Our maintenance staff will be disinfecting common areas, doorknobs, stairwells, the elevator several times throughout each day.
- Any employee working in one of our facilities are following these precautionary health measures: wearing mask, washing hands frequently, utilizing hand sanitizers in all common areas (copiers, shared computers), and enforcing social distancing in hallways, meeting rooms and offices.
- In our residential facilities and crisis shelter:
- Each facility will be disinfected three times per day.
- In conjunction with the Wayne County Health Department guidelines each facility has a designated COVID19 symptom room.
- Our residential clients will not be attending any outside events and no visitation is permitted.
- Our staff continues to wear gloves and face mask at all times.
- All new clients staying at our Emergency Shelter or Residential Treatment Center will be required to wear a mask for the 14 days upon their arrival.
7. Our Advocacy and Housing Services will be providing as many services by phone as possible. We are suspending all home visits at this time.
IMPORTANT CONTACT INFORMATION:
If you, a friend or a family member are in need of our service, please contact us: 330.264.8498 (OneEighty Main Office)
Victim Advocacy, a service to assist individuals dealing with a domestic violence and/or sexual assault situations, are scheduling appointments Monday-Friday between 8am-5pm. Please call 330.263.1020.
Please take a moment to watch the following video from OneEighty and Wooster Community Hospital if you are in an unsafe situation or have been sexually assaulted. CLICK HERE
Our Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Hotline will remain open 24-hours a day: (800) 686.1122
Our 24-Hour Treatment Navigator (a trained clinician will assist you or someone you know who is encountering a substance abuse crises): 330.466.0678
Our Peer Recovery 24-Hour Hotline (a trained staff member who has "lived experience" with substance abuse): 330.464.1423
Mental Health Crisis Line: 330.264.9029 provided by the Counseling Center
Community Outreach Support Line: OneEighty, ANAZAO and The Counseling Center have partnered to provide a support line for Wayne and Holmes counties residents, healthcare professionals and first responders struggling with the pandemic. For more information CLICK HERE
Do you need a meeting?
AA and NA meetings are available by phone or virtual meetings. Check out our resource page for more information:
OneEighty Hours of Operation:
Monday-Wednesday and Friday 8am-5pm
Monday- Friday: 8am-5pm
North End Wooster Location (Milltown Offices):
By appointment only-please call our Main Office to schedule an appointment: 330.264.8498
OneEighty is providing services though telehealth. This will be primarily though the telephone. Teleheath will provide assessments, individual counseling, group counseling, MAT (as appropriate), victim advocacy and peer support. Refer to the teleheath FLYER for more information.
Please see point #6 for how OneEighty is keeping the shelter clients and staff safe and healthy
ONEEIGHTY RESIDENTIAL TREATMENT PROGRAMS (Pathway and Women's Residential Treatment Center): Are OPEN
Residential Treatment programs are accepting new clients.
Do not let COVID19 stop you from receiving treatment. Please watch the following video from OneEighty's Medical Director Dr. Nicole Labor CLICK HERE
A Message from OneEighty's Residential Director, John Fishburn: " We are still doing everything we can to help people struggling with addiction" Learn more, CLICK HERE for his video.
Please see point #6 for how OneEighty is keeping the residential treatment clients and staff safe and healthy
Please check out two videos from OneEighty:
Bobbi Douglas and OneEighty's repsonse to COVID-19
Dr. Patterson and Dr. Nicole Labor: Treatement during COVID-19 (this video is below Bobbi's video)