At OneEighty the safety and well-being of our clients, residents and staff is our top priority. Our primary purpose is to meet the needs of our clients during this difficult time while keeping our staff as safe as possible.
Please follow the below steps when visiting our Main Office and Millersburg Location:
- OneEighty staff, clients and visitors are asked to continue to wear a mask if you are fully vaccinated to comply to the CDC guidelines for health care settings. Mask will be available at the agency if you do not have one.
- If you are visiting our main office we ask that you check-in with our OneEighty screener located at the front entrance.
- If you have an appointment at OneEighty and are sick, please call 330.264.8498 to reschedule. Our front desk staff, as part of their daily reminder calls, will also be enforcing this policy. If you are uncomfortable coming in for your appointment, please feel free to ask that your counselor provide counseling via telephone.
- If you don’t have an appointment but need to make one or have a question, we ask that you call first, 330.264.8498 before arriving at OneEighty.
- The Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services is permitting us to provide one-on-one treatment services when needed via phone calls or other telemedicine devices.
- Group counseling sessions have been reevaluated with extra precautions and social distancing measures implemented. Again, we ask that if you are sick to not attend these meetings. If you are uncomfortable coming in for a group session, please call our front desk (330.264.8498) to inquire about counseling options via telephone
IMPORTANT CONTACT INFORMATION:
A Message from OneEighty's Residential Director, John Fishburn: " We are still doing everything we can to help people struggling with addiction" Learn more, CLICK HERE for his video.
Please check out two videos from OneEighty:
Bobbi Douglas and OneEighty's response to COVID-19
Dr. Patterson and Dr. Nicole Labor: Treatement during COVID-19 (this video is below Bobbi's video)